Considering Hiring A Photographer?
What you think you’re paying for:
- Someone to take some photos for a period of time
What you think you’re actually paying for:
- Someone experienced in taking photos to take photos for a period of time (who arrives early, leaves late)
- Camera and lenses
- Flash & lighting equipment
- Memory cards & card readers
- CD’s, copies, mailings, etc
- Training, practice and education
- Fuel & travel expenses to the shoot
- Editing time
- Processing time
- Promotional, printing & website costs
- Expenses & time preparing, arranging for the shoot
- Percentage goes to taxes
Not to mention…
The payment you provide ALSO has to cover food, housing, bills & other personal expenses
Still think that offering “exposure & experience” is a fair price?
i am an artist, this does not mean i work for free – i have bills to pay too
if i wanted to work for free i’d choose to be a volunteer not a freelancer
Would you expect a teacher, plumber, carpenter, hairdresser, doctor, dentist, electrician, chef, mechanic or shop owner to work for free?
Would YOU work for free?
IF YOU WANT QUALITY, PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS
(edited or not with not trees or lamp posts growing out of your head)